There are many benefits to becoming a LEAP Attorney. Some include:
- 10+ training sessions lasting up to three days each, covering different practice areas like Bankruptcy, Civil Litigation, Conservatorship, Education, Elder Abuse, Employment Law, Estate Planning, Family Law, Guardianship, Landlord/Tenant, and Personal Injury.
- Trainings and mentoring specifically focused on the business of building a law practice
- Access to LASOC’s LRS clients, to help you gain experience and provide an income stream as you develop your own client base
- Weekly case review meetings with experienced lawyers and judges to answer questions
- Participation in LASOC clinics, including close supervision by experienced LASOC attorneys, to gain experience and make court appearances
- Access to LASOC and law school law libraries, including LASOC’s extensive brief bank
- LEAP participants are asked to provide 100 hours of pro bono service, but the many trainings you will attend—themselves a significant benefit—count toward that total
- And many more!